A mission statement


Hello, and welcome to My Kitchen and I. Every year I choose a cuisine to explore. This year, it's the year of the Snake! And I'll be continuing to cook mostly Asian foods, particularly Chinese dishes. Have I finally found the best cuisine in the world? Come explore and cook with me and let's find out. Please feel free to share your stories and comment on anything you see here, and thanks so much for visiting. Hope you enjoy the Year of the Snake in food!

Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

As the lobster turns ....

I am still mulling over what to do with Lobster Lou and his sidekick Lucy. Found a multitudinous arsenal of concoctions at the amazing and wonderful blog, Tastespotting. Eight pages worth of choices!


Some of the standouts to me were ...


a lobster burger topped with lobster salad, Lobster vols au vent (puff pastry stack filled with lobster in a Chardonnay cream sauce), a lobster bruschetta, a grilled cheese and lobster sandwich, a smoky havarti lobster mac and cheese, Lobster stuffed with artichokes and portabellos Lobster with uni mashed potatoes and a yuzu hollandaise and some other oriental style lobster served in a coconut curry sauce ...

Check out all 8 pages here Lobster recipes at Tastespotting ...

Obviously there are plenty of things to do with lobster besides a boring pot of salted water and butter!

However it seems like it will be a subject for a Monday Mulling as I'm going to a movie pizza party tonight and the day tomorrow is also filled .... and Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I have visions of turkey and cranberry sauce in my head.

In the meantime I would love to hear more suggestions from anyone else out there. What would you try with these?

Now off to the gym to work out! So I can afford all these calories it's going to take to try some of these glorious lobstah dishes!



1 comment:

I love your comments!